Week 1

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan Bryngelson.

I am enrolled in the BSIT380 course at Bellevue University and throughout the course, I will be posting to this blog weekly to share some of my findings of the IT world as it relates to System Hardening and Network Risk Management.

As I mentioned in a few other places, I love the idea of having an impenetrable/safe computer system and network but I have never taken the time or initiative to learn how to do that myself. Hopefully upon the completion of this course, I will have enough information to secure my personal homelab environment. Although I don’t think I will ever go into security as a profession, I do think having enough information to know if you’re getting swindled, or if the professionals actually know what they’re doing is very nice to have.

Having someone else to blame if something horrible like a breach were to occur is another excellent benefit to not doing security yourself.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Week 8

Week 3