Week 7
The more I learn about cyber security, the more thankful I become that I know this is not the field I want to/will go into. This week we talked about threat hunting which is a proactive method for securing an IT system by coming up with a hypothesis that an attacker has already gained access to the system and it’s your job to figure out how they got in and patch it out.
While I completely get the concept of why something like this would be important, the only way I can imagine becoming any good at this method is by standing in the shoes of an attacking party and looking at your system through their eyes. This requires much more learning about the attacking process than I’m interested in. This type of exercise I think would be perfect for a white/gray hat hacker who loves to find vulnerabilities in systems.
I am not that kind of person, and do not enjoy this process at all.
Comments
Post a Comment